- Dual Board Certified in Cytopathology, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at UCLA; Fellowship in Cytopathology at UCLA
- Internship, Internal Medicine, West Los Angeles VA/ UCLA
- Keck School of Medicine at USC
- Performed and interpreted thousands of FNAs
- Clinical Instructor at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA/ Greater Los Angeles Training Cytotechnology Consortium
- Published author in basic science, pathology and cytopathology
Dr. Celina Nadelman started out in Internal Medicine. After leaving the VA-UCLA Internal Medicine residency program, she performed basic science research in wound healing at USC. She then went into pathology and finished her AP/CP residency, Surgical Pathology Fellowship and Cytopathology Fellowship at UCLA. She worked at the West Los Angeles VA Medical Center for several years as a staff pathologist, cytopathologist and clinical professor of pathology for the USC pathology residents. She revamped the FNA service there and enjoyed running the FNA clinic for the veterans. She soon started her own company as a solo practitioner performing and interpreting exclusively FNAs. She really likes working with patients, listening to their problems, and providing the most outstanding care she can regardless of the patient’s circumstances. Because she performs the FNA herself, she gets to know more about the patient’s history than is usually provided on requisition forms received by pathologists in most settings. The approach is holistic—she follows the process from beginning to end. She finds it gratifying to reduce turn-around time as well, relieving patient anxiety and making referring doctors happy.